Monday, August 1, 2011

Blessed

Wow, today has gone by super fast. I am sitting here thinking "where does the time go"? I guess its true that when you are busy the time goes by fast. We were a little slow moving this AM since we slept in a little later then usual, we ate and started school at 11:30 and the little kids napped. I love doing school when they are sleeping, when they are awake they want to be right at the table doing whatever we are. Its sweet and they have learned a lot too but its hard for our oldest to concentrate sometimes. I believe home school is a blessing for us but its easy to get discouraged because I am a schedule type of person and I can't always follow it. I guess thats the beauty in home school, you make your own schedule and go with the flow. We usually get a good days worth of school in about 4 hours and then we do extra "fun" stuff later. We are working through the summer until November 1 then we break until January, we can't wait!! We love the cooler months and this works great since our son has horrible allergies! Camping is better in the fall :) Also with the holidays during that time it tends to get a little crazy. I am praying for God to continue to give me strength to teach our children the way he wants and continues to bless our family the way he has. I pray the same for all of you.

2 comments:

  1. We are starting homeschooling for the first time this year. I'm looking forward to the schedule. I always like reading about other families experiences with homeschooling. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are many ways to go about it, just remember every family is different so do what works best for you. Send me some of your tips, advice or whatever you find i love to learn from others:-)

    ReplyDelete