Monday, September 12, 2011

In time of Loss


I woke up this morning and signed on to check email and messages and seen that a precious little girl named Gabby whose Facebook page many of us followed had lost her battle with cancer last night. My heart just sank. Its every parents nightmare. I can't imagine because my mind won't even allow the thought, its not the normal process of the way things are "supposed" to happen. I remember listening to a preacher talk about the tragic loss of his daughter who was going on a missions trip and her plane went down, she was 18, a christian and just wonderful by all accounts. Why? Why do these horrible things happen to the innocent, thats the million dollar question. The preacher said that there was NO emotion that goes with the loss of a child thats normal, its normal for us to grieve the loss of a grandparent, parent and even sibling. Not a child, there is no emotion that is normal to go with that. Its not how its supposed to be. There is only one way to cope with this kind of loss and its God. When King David lost his child he said "Why should I go on fasting, can I bring him back? He will not come back to me, I shall go to him" 2 Samuel 12:23 As Christians we have one hope and that is in God and that one day we will be reunited with our loved ones. My cousin was tragically killed when hit by a car at the age of 3, my aunt and uncle were not christians at the time. My aunt said the only thing that got her through was that she could be with her again if she believed and trusted in the Lord so her and my uncle got saved and eventually because pastors of a church, they are still serving the Lord and one of the sweetest couple I've ever met and love the Lord so much. Words from me won't be of much comfort to the family of Gabby, there is probably not much anyone can say. As of right now we need to just pray for them that God give them strength and all of those who've lost a loved one, a child or someone tragically. God is their only Hope.
Psalm 33:20
"Our soul waiteth for the LORD: he is our help and our shield"

No comments:

Post a Comment