Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Rainy Days


Its been raining so much here that it starts to get me in a lazy mood of wanting to do nothing but bake, cook and relax. Not always good! However its these times that I appreciate all we have. When you are forced to stay inside with little kids when the weather is bad you find all kinds of things that make you realize how fortunate we are, like having a Wii, playstation, computer, internet, movies and cable. It makes me feel like "How spoiled are we"? What did they do 100 years ago? I am sure that was some good old fashioned family time. I sort of envy that in a way because with all this technology it seems we get lost in so many things that we have no time for family time. I remember hearing someone say that they text the kids when its dinner time. I try to keep an even balance because I think we do need to remember that times change and we change with them but I don't want to lose the closeness of the family. Its easy too do. So tonight I think after dinner we will read a book together and just enjoy each other. One day these "Rainy days" will probably be the days I long for the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment