Friday, June 3, 2011

Raising Children

Today we had a nice family day, the weather was perfect, the kids were WELL behaved and my hubby had off of work. So many times we get so busy that those kinds of moments are far and few between. Its nice to take the kids out and spend good time doing something that they enjoy, showing them that what they like to do is important too.
So we had off of School today and that was a great break for me too! Yesterday during School I was talking to my oldest about the scripture 1 Timothy 4:12 "Do not let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity." I had a chance to talk about things that make them feel like they are less important because they are younger, I got their point of view that they do feel like they have a disadvantage because of age. I was able to share the scripture and what it meant and let him know that just because he is young he has other siblings that he sets an example for, family members and neighborhood friends and the list goes on. I love it when I am able to have the opportunity to get the other point of view.
Time goes by so fast, they years seem to fly. I am so glad that we are able to share these things with our children and we are able to talk about Gods word whenever we want and how we can apply it to our lives. I love watching how they interact with others and I can see the different traits that the Lord has given them and its so awesome to watch them grow. I will always remind my children to NEVER let anyone look down on them for anything! Especially age, they are just as important as the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment