Wednesday, June 15, 2011

What a day!


Well today was one of those day's where it was so hectic! It was like everything was out of order, the laundry was piled up, the kids were whiney, school was taking forever and I just could not think straight for one second! I almost gave up at one point and was going to just stop everyone and put the books aways and put a cartoon in and be done! I remembered though I cant just stop when I am not feeling like I can make it. I have kids, they need to have school and they have a routine, even if we are off sometimes we still try to abide by it.
Its so easy sometimes to just throw in the towel. The truth is , if you keep plugging along and make it over that hump its only downhill from there. So, we managed to get school complete, my oldest cleaned his room and the 2 youngest had nice naps :) And mommy got to sit and relax in the QUIET!! I am the kind of person that has to keep moving, if I sit to much I get tired and then its harder to get moving, but to sit and relax for an hour is more then enough to get me relaxed and ready for round 2! I was reading in the word and in 2 Thessalonians 3:6~10 Paul was talking about people being Idle and becoming lazy. I do not want to become that way, when we put things off and do not keep our hands busy we reach for other things to do, it could be too much talking which can lead to trouble and gossip or not finishing chores that are necessary to run your home. I have found in the past few months the busier I stay the better. With saying that we get tired and have crazy days and I don't think that will slow down until the kids get older, when they are young and we homeschool there is so much going on during the day. I am trying to cherish every moment even if it is a bit hectic :)

Galatians 6:9 is one of my favorite verses "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up"

5 comments:

  1. found your blog this evening from Faithful Bloggers and love what I have read so far. Grace is one of my favorite things to write about. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! Especially the part about reaching for other things when we are not busy....Ummmm candy bar anyone??? Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks songbyrd! I hope too see you here more :) I am glad that you are blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle,

    Many times, we feel like the world around us is unraveling. It's good to see other homeschooling moms sticking it out. It encourages me.

    Rebecca G.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by Rebecca, you are right, Its so good too see that others moms struggle the way I do at times. It gives hope and reassures me that its ok to feel alittle "crazy" somedays :)

    ReplyDelete