Monday, June 20, 2011

Summer


Is anyone doing anything fun this Summer? Any good vacations? We are trying to figure out what we can all do, its hard when you have a 10 year old and then 2 1/2 and 1 1/2 year old. Their likes are very different. We have been doing some swimming which we all love and since we will still continue school until September, we are not going to be taking any trips. I would love to take them to Yogi Campground in September, we love it there. The first time we went it rained the whole weekend and we were kinda stuck in the cabin but it was SO FUN! We had limited TV and internet. We still roasted hot dogs and marshmallows. I realize its the little things that we do that bring the most memories. The quiet times we spend together just enjoying each other are priceless. I often think about when I was a child and the memories I have. We didn't do big vacations of Disney World and things like that because my parents could not afford it. However, we did do were things like fishing, camping, cookouts and amusement parks. So fun! I look back now as an adult and I didn't have a care in the world. What good times. I want my kids to have great memories no matter what we are doing. One day memories are all we have and I want them to be good.

2 comments:

  1. We are planning a camping trip this summer. I am also taking the kids to volunteer at Loaves and Fishes. We have been swimming a lot. If things work out and we get a new vehicle next month, we may take a long road trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, we just bought a brand new minivan with a dvd player in it, its a 7 seater so there is plenty of room for trips! I am so excited! We have been with one vehicle for so long and now I can take the kids and do stuff :)

    ReplyDelete